Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past.
For the dates of September 9 – September 15:
September 15, 1926, 86 years ago
The Eudora Weekly News reported which Eudora residents were seen driving new cars within the last week. John Bowen, Charles Speicher, Oliver Deay, Charles Durr, Roger Stanley and E. S. Forsythe were seen driving new Ford “roadsters.” Will Edelbrock was seen driving a new Ford truck.
September 15, 1976, 36 years ago
The Eudora High School Cardinals played their first game on the new football field south of Nottingham Elementary School. The new football field, named “Cardinal Field” was complete with stadium, concession stand, clock and field.
September 11, 1997, 15 years ago
Sidewalks were installed along Church Street in large part because of the efforts of The Coalition for Children’s Safety. The Coalition was formed in May of 1997 out of growing concerns of the safety of pedestrian walkers along Church Street and other streets in the older sections of Eudora.
Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.