Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past.
For the dates of September 23 – September 29:
September 28, 1911, 101 years ago
On the evening of the September the 28th, 1911 at 8:00pm, a dance was held at the Lothholz Opera House at 700 Main Street. Music was provided by Newhouse’s Orchestra.
September 26, 1968, 44 years ago
Construction of a City Fire Station at the corner of 9th and Main Street was underway. The 30 by 60 foot structure was being built to house the City’s fire truck and provide a section for hose drying and a meeting room. Bill Edwards was the contractor.
September 23, 2004, 8 years ago
There were two extremes within the same week for Eudora High School sports. The Eudora Cardinals football team defeated Prairie View 54 to 0 while the Eudora Cardinals soccer team lost to Tonganoxie 10 to 0.
Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.