Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past. This feature will appear online every Sunday.
For the dates of September 2 – September 8:
September 2, 1954, 58 years ago
The Eudora 4-H Club met at the Arden Ott home for the monthly meeting and the following nominations committee was appointed to selecte officers for the upcoming election: Kermit Broers, Mrs. Harold Gabriel, Wilfred Hadle and Mary Byington. Twenty-two members answered roll call by telling of ribbons won at the 4-H Fair.
September 7, 1977, 35 years ago
The interchange at the new Kansas 10 Highway and Church Street recently opened for traffic for the first time.
September 5, 2002, 10 years ago
Former Kansas Jayhawk and professional basketball player Danny Manning spoke with Eudora West Elementary students about cultivating their talents at an assembly in the gym.
Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.