Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past.
For the dates of March 17– March 23:
March 22, 2001, 12 years ago
H.P. Pelzer Inc. moved into the former Communicolor building, in Eudora. The plant, which will make automotive carpet, is expected to be in full swing by mid-summer.
March 21, 1973, 40 years ago
Two sites for a nursing home in Eudora are being considered by the Eudora Development Company, Inc. President Alf Olsen read a letter from the State Board which gave approval to two of the three sites that the company is considering for the location of a home. The officers and board are now in the process of obtaining one of the sites and an announcement will be made next week of the decision.
Death from March 21, 1973, 40 years ago
Oscar E. Clark
Funeral services for Oscar E. Clark, 73 of Eudora were held Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the Rumsey Funeral Home chapel in Lawrence. Rev. Edwin Price was in charge of services. Burial was in the Deay Cemetery south of Eudora. Mr. Clark, well-known in Eudora as “Dobbs,” died Saturday, March 17 at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He was born September 22, 1899 near Eudora and was a lifelong resident of the area. He is survived by a brother, Homer Clark of Baldwin; and several nieces and nephews.
Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.