Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past.
For the dates of June 9 to June 15:
June 15 2000, 13 years ago
Cara Kimberlin was named as the new head coach for the Eudora girls softball team.
June 12 1974, 39 years ago
Three Eudora Boy Scouts, David Holladay, Michael Kelly, and Mark Mosser attained the rank of Eagle Scout.
June 10 1926, 87 years ago
J.F. Marley, who after an operation at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital several weeks ago, is at home and well.
Compiled by Patrick Fulks, a High School student from Eudora. Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.