Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past.
For the dates of July 20 to July 26:
July 24, 1908, 106 years ago
Mr. Carl Trefz completed the Eudora School Census and results, according to the Eudora Weekly News, were: “254 children of school age in the district divided as follows: white girls, 97; colored girls, 22; white boys, 114; colored boys, 21.”
July 24, 1974, 40 years ago
The Eudora school district signed contracts with Bron Construction Company for the addition to Nottingham. The contracts were for the amounts of $672,672 and $15,540.
July 24, 1996, 18 years ago
Local weiner dog, Low Rider, competed in The Weiner Dog Nationals race at The Woodlands. Sixty-four weiner dogs from across the area competed in the competition which included a 110-yard dash.
Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.