Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past.
For the dates of February 24 – March 2:
February 27, 2003, 10 years ago
An historic bell most recently housed at the Eudora police and fire station, found its way home to Eudora City Hall again. City staff worked to install the bell, which once stood atop the city’s original city hall. Staff at the city shop repainted the bell and added brackets. Local mason Bill Gordon erected the stand in front of City Hall.
February 25, 1970, 43 years ago
The Kansas Highway Commission today announced that a location public hearing for all interested persons will be held on March 31 to consider the economic, social, and environmental effects of the proposed relocation and improvements of K-10 highway from near Lawrence to DeSoto. John Montgomery director of highways, said the hearing will be held in the Eudora High School Gymnasium.
February 25, 1926, 87 years ago
Matt Grosdidier, one of the prominent farmers of the Belleview neighborhood, has purchased the Albert Miller home at the corner of 10th and B streets and will move to town soon. His son, George will take charge of the farm.
Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.