Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
This Week in Eudora History, will take a look back at some of the people, places and events, that shaped the history of this fine community. We will look at “the week that was” from times past. This feature will appear online every Sunday.
For the dates of August 12 – August 18:
August 14, 1924, 88 years ago
The Eudora Weekly News reported that the C.P.A picnic had to be postponed until September 3 that year, due to the committee being unable to get the necessary attractions, like a band and a speaker.
August 15, 1991, 21 years ago
Pyle Meat Market and Deli, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Tom Pyle, opened in downtown Eudora. This operation has since closed and is now the Hair Nail and Tanning Salon which is owned by their daughter, Roberta Lehmann.
Compiled from the Glenn Wineinger Newspaper collection at the Eudora Area Historical Society
Thanks to Catherine Fulks, an 8th grade student from Eudora for her work in compiling this feature. The Eudora Area Historical Society operates the Eudora Community Museum which is located in the former Nottingham Elementary School at 14th and Church Street. For more information about the Eudora Area Historical Society, you can find them on the City of Eudora’s website or check them out on Facebook.