Today we have some quick notes on a variety of topics. With that said, let’s get busy:
– We’ve decided to open up sharing of photographs here on EudoraReporter.com. If you have some good images from around town, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have any great holiday pictures of lights? What about the lunar eclipse from last night? (It was a little cloudy early on, so we don’t know if any good quality shots of it came out.) Is there a picture of Eudora you think is really good and would like to share? Send them and you may get your shot published in our photo album.
We have several great things planned for the beginning of 2011 at EudoraReporter.com.
– We are presently working on a classified section. This should debut sometime in January. We will have a variety of area including birth and funeral announcements, employment opportunities, garage sales, goods and services, lost pets, whatever you want to advertise or announce. We will continue to announce happenings and events around town for nonprofit organizations, charities, churches or schools like we have in the past for free. There will be no changes to that policy. We took a look at what our brethren in Lawrence charge for classified advertising, picked our jaw up off the floor, and decided that Eudora can be better served at a greatly reduced rate than that. Look forward to this feature to arrive soon!
– There is also a very special project coming to Eudorareporter.com very soon that we think every citizen will be proud of. We don’t want to say too much at this time about it, but keep checking out the site for a very exciting announcement. It is something that will be beneficial to many of our fellow citizens. It will be a way for all of us to help one another. More details soon!
– One of the bigger stories that will affect many things in our great community as we head towards warmer temperatures in the spring is the election for city council and the School board. Three seats on the City Council and 5 on the school board will be up. As of press time, we are aware of three people running for City Council: Maria Nelson, Ruth Hughs and Jerry Trober. For the School Board, so far, only Belinda Rehmer has announced that she is running. Do you know of someone who has made their intention known, but not yet filed? Make sure to either contact us and let us know, or have them contact us at email@example.com. We will be doing features on all of the candidates so you can make an informed decision about who will be shaping our town in the next couple of years.
– If you see news happening, hear of something going on you want checked out, or know of anything going on, you can always email us or call us with tips. Our business line phone number is 785-542-9466. Several citizens have already tipped us off to things going on and we appreciate their help. While we try to be on top of everything, with a very small staff, we can’t be everywhere at once. We depend on your help so that we can inform the rest of our neighbors.
– If any of you need to do last minute shopping for Christmas, make sure to stop by one of the many businesses in town. Many offer gift cards which are the perfect size and color for anyone on your list. I want to particularly mention some of our great advertisers who do offer gift certificates: Heads or Nails Family Salon, Black Cat Cafe, and Hair Nail & Tanning Company. All are great businesses run by wonderful individuals who support our town and EudoraReporter.com. Please check them out and help fill out your holiday shopping list. Make sure you tell them that you saw them here!
– We do appreciate all our advertisers and we have more advertisers coming on board very soon. If you want to be a part of our advertising family, you can either email our sales department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have VERY reasonable rates because we want you to be able to reach out to our community, while keeping an eye on your bottom line. We will work with you to ensure that your message is out there. We average nearly a 1000 unique visitors each week to our site and it continues to grow. Don’t be one of the ones that missed this very affordable way to get your name and the word out about your business.
– We just want to take a moment and thank both our readers and our advertisers that make this site possible. Without either one, we would not be able to exist. We appreciate you coming here regularly to keep up to date on everything going on in Eudora. We strive to bring you accurate and timely information about the greatest small town in Kansas.
Businesses of Eudora:
There’s a knock at the door. Who is it? OPPORTUNITY!
Thanks to overwhelming response, the people of Eudora and the area are taking notice of eudorareporter.com. In the last week alone, 1000 unique visitors checked out our happy little corner of the internet. For a town of about 6000 people, that’s incredible. Want to get get your name in front of every one of them? It can be done easily and best of all – AFFORDABLY!
Our advertising packages are all very reasonable and won’t break your budget. We can put together a package specifically for your needs.
Several advertisers have already contacted us, don’t be left behind. contact: email@example.com and get in on the quickest growing news source in town.
A very big THANK YOU goes out to all our readers. We are glad we can bring you the news and information important to all. We appreciate all of you.
Tell your friends we are here. Tell your neighbors! Tell your enemies…we don’t care…
EUDORAREPORTER.COM your hometown Eudora news and information source!