Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
Interstate 70 will be busy this coming weekend and while a large part of it will be due to the Thanksgiving holiday weekend travelers, a lot of the cars will have Douglas County tags on them as fans follow the Eudora Cardinal football team to Salina for the 4A State Championship game on Saturday. This will be the Cardinals second straight trip to the State Championship and will take on the Holton Wildcats at 1:00 PM.
Here is all the information about the game this weekend for the travels and for those not fortunate enough to head to Salina. The following information was provided by the Eudora School District.
Ways to show your Cardinal pride!
- Saturday morning send-off: The public is invited to cheer the Eudora Cardinals as they leave EHS and head to Salina for the state championship. The team is scheduled to leave the EHS parking lot at 7:20 a.m. on Saturday.
- Post-game welcome in Eudora: The public is invited to welcome the Cardinals home after the state game and celebrate the end of a tremendous, history-making season of football. A group is planning to gather to meet the players as they come off of the buses behind the school. Their estimated time of arrival Saturday evening is approximately 9 p.m., but that time could easily change. To keep tabs on the team’s arrival time, be sure to follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/eudoraschools and at @EudoraHS on Twitter.
- Send a message to the team! Go to www.facebook.com/eudoraschools to show your Cardinal pride and wish the team good luck!
Going to Salina for the game? Remember this important fan information:
- Driving directions to Salina District Stadium (650 E. Crawford, Salina, KS). From I-70, take the Ohio Street exit (Exit 253). Turn south onto Ohio, continue to Crawford Street. Turn west (right) onto Crawford and continue to Roach Street. Turn south (left) onto Roach, then right (west) onto McAdams and then right again into the South Parking Lot of Salina Stadium and Central High School.
- Tailgating: Prior to gates opening a tailgating area will be available in the southeast end of the stadium parking lot. A port-a-potty will be available within walking distance of the tailgate area, but the stadium’s interior restrooms will not be available. Tailgate trash should be disposed of in the parking lot dumpster. Open hot coals need to be disposed of safely and appropriately and are not permitted in the dumpster.
- Game tickets: All game tickets must be purchased at the box office at Salina Stadium. The box office will open at 10:30 a.m.; gates will open at 11 a.m. Tickets are $7 for adults and $6 for students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- During the game: Any banners or signs to be displayed must the approval of the event manager. Fans are responsible for removing all signs following the game. Confetti, whistles, air horns or other noisemakers will not be allowed. In addition, sunflower seeds and peanut shells will not be permitted in the facility. Smoking is prohibited on all Salina School District grounds, including the stadium and parking lot areas.
- Stay off the field: Only players, coaches and designated district employees are allowed on the running track prior to, during half-time, and after the championship. Win or lose, fans must not go on the field at any time in order to ensure everyone’s safety and to protect the integrity of the official state trophy ceremony.
Can’t make it to the game? Tune in for the broadcast!
- Listen to the game online at www.810varsity.com or at https://www.network1sports.
- 6 News Lawrence will broadcast Saturday’s game at 7 p.m. Sunday on Knology Channel 6.
Of course, following the game, we will have full recaps include pictures from our two outstanding sideline photographers Julie Stewart and the newest member of the Eudorareporter.com staff, Joe Pelzel. We will also have frequent updates from Salina via Eudorareporter.com’s Facebook page and our Twitter feed.