Eudora News and Information – www.eudorareporter.com
Normally, City Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday each month. For this week though, that will change.
The City Council meeting normally scheduled for this evening will instead be held on Wednesday May 25 at 7:00PM. At least three city council members must be present for a meeting to take place and a majority of the council will be unable to attend tonight.
When the City Council does meet on Wednesday, it will go over the following items:
- A downtown business grant for Past and Present Treasures will be considered.
– Re-appointments of multiple officials and Committee members will be presented to the Council including those of Municipal Judge, City Attorney, City Treasurer, Johnny Stewart and Grant Martin to the Planning Commission and Bob Slapar, Jason Hoover, and John Scott to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
– The Council will consider approving construction of building to enclose the “sludge drying bed” at the Water Treatment Facility.
– An extension to the the sign permit moratorium will looked at.
– The City Council will also a new program for 2011 called Music in the Park, where monthly concerts will be held in CPA park during the summer.
– The Council will be asked to establish a Chamber of Commerce Visitors Bureau to help promote various events in the community such as (but not limited to) EudoraFest, All Night Prom and various motorcycle rides.
– There will also be a presentation on an Economic Analysis of Eudora completed by Collin Bielser, the Eudora Director of Economic Development.